Support Staff Position Available
Corporate/Commercial Legal Assistant
One of Halifax's leading law firms, Burchells LLP, is currently recruiting for a full-time, permanent legal assistant to work in the area of Corporate/Commercial law assigned directly to a lawyer(s).
Burchells provides a wide range of legal services to regional, national and international clients, including multinational corporations, small business owners, major banks, individuals, insurance companies and all levels of government.
Providing support to the lawyers of Burchells is a group of hard working and enthusiastic professionals who take pride in exceptional client service and team work.
• Enhance lawyer effectiveness and the delivery of quality legal services through production of timely, accurate work that meets our work standard of “Do it once, do it right”.
• Provide efficient, accurate, professional and knowledgeable support to the lawyers you report to and in turn the firm’s clients.
• Support and work with your co-workers in a timely, accurate and helpful manner.
• In addition to providing substantial Corporate/Commercial legal assistant support, this position also performs occasional duties relating to Real Property and Estate Planning matters.
• Formal Legal Assistant/Paralegal Education.
• Minimum two years’ experience.
• Experience in the area of Corporate/Commercial law is required.
• Organization and prioritization skills are important.
• Strong communication skills.
• Excellent computer knowledge – full Microsoft Office Suite.
• Minimum typing speed of 60 wpm.
• Knowledge of other software programs will be considered an asset.
• Ability to work in a team environment with all members of the firm.
Burchells offers a competitive salary and full comprehensive benefit package. If you are an experienced corporate/commercial legal assistant we would like to hear from you.
Send resume and cover letter to:
Charlene F. Harrison
Deadline for submission of applications is August 18, 2017. We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.