Support Staff Position Available:
Legal Assistant – Creditor Rights and Recovery Group (Foreclosure Practice)
One of Halifax's leading law firms, Burchells LLP, is currently recruiting for a full-time, permanent legal assistant to provide support in the Creditor Rights and Recovery Group working in the foreclosure practice area.
Burchells provides a wide range of legal services to regional, national and international clients, including multinational corporations, small business owners, major banks, individuals, insurance companies and all levels of government.
Providing support to the lawyers of Burchells is a group of hard working and enthusiastic professionals who take pride in exceptional client service and team work.
• Enhance lawyer effectiveness and the delivery of quality legal services through production of timely, accurate work that meets our work standard of “Do it once, do it right”.
• Manage foreclosure matters to the satisfaction of the client and responsible lawyers.
• Provide efficient, accurate and knowledgeable support.
• Support lawyers and co-workers in a timely, accurate and helpful manner.
• Team members recognize growth and comprehension of the foreclosure process through increased self-sufficiency.
• Formal Legal Assistant/Paralegal Education preferred.
• Previous experience in a professional office environment is preferred.
• Sound judgment in a fast paced environment with changing priorities.
• Flexibility, initiative, organization and prioritization skills are critical.
• Attention to detail and accuracy are a must.
• Strong Communication Skills.
• Excellent computer knowledge – full Microsoft Office Suite. Minimum typing speed of 60wpm.
• Working knowledge of third-party software would be considered an asset.
• Above average ability to work in a team environment with all members of the firm.
Burchells offers a competitive salary and full comprehensive benefit package.
Please visit our website www.burchells.ca to learn more about our firm.
Send resume and cover letter to:
Charlene F. Harrison
Application review begins as applications are received. Position will remain open until filled.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.