Two Legal Assistant Positions Available
Due to continued growth, one of Halifax's leading law firms, Burchells LLP, is currently recruiting to fill two full-time, permanent legal assistant positions. We have lawyer assigned legal assistant positions available in the creditor rights and recovery group and the itigation group. We are very interested in receiving resumes from junior, intermediate or senior legal assistants.
Burchells LLP provides a wide range of legal services to regional, national and international clients, including multinational corporations, small business owners, major banks, individuals, insurance companies and all levels of government.
Providing support to the lawyers of Burchells is a group of hard working and enthusiastic professionals who take pride in exceptional client service and team work.
• Enhance lawyer effectiveness and the delivery of quality legal services through production of timely, accurate work that meets our work standard of “Do it once, do it right”.
• Provides efficient, accurate, professional and knowledgeable legal assistant support to the lawyers and in turn the firm’s clients.
• Support and work with your co-workers in a timely, accurate and helpful manner.
• Our team members recognize growth and comprehension through increased self-sufficiency.
• Formal Legal Assistant/Paralegal Education (include transcript with application).
• Experience as a legal assistant is an asset.
• Sound judgment in a fast paced environment with changing priorities.
• Flexibility, initiative, organization and prioritization skills are critical.
• Attention to detail and accuracy are a must.
• Strong communication skills.
• Excellent spelling and grammar skills.
• Takes pride in a job done well.
• Excellent computer knowledge – full Microsoft Office Suite. Minimum typing speed of 60 wpm.
• Knowledge of other software programs will be considered an asset.
• Above average ability to work in a team environment with all members of the firm.
Burchells offers a competitive salary and full comprehensive benefit package.
Please visit our website www.burchells.ca to learn more about our firm.
Send resume and cover letter to:
Charlene F. Harrison
Application review begins as applications are received. Positions will remain open until filled. We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional upon a satisfactory background check.