Legal Support Staff Positions:
Legal Assistant – Creditor Rights and Recovery Group (Foreclosure Practice)
One of Halifax's leading law firms, Burchells LLP, is currently recruiting to fill a full-time, permanent foreclosure assistant position.
Burchells provides a wide range of legal services to regional, national and international clients, including multinational corporations, small business owners, major banks, individuals, insurance companies and all levels of government.
Providing support to the lawyers of Burchells is a group of hard working and enthusiastic professionals who take pride in exceptional client service and team work.
• Enhance lawyer effectiveness and the delivery of quality legal services through production of timely, accurate work that meets our work standard of “Do it once, do it right”.
• Manage foreclosure matters to the satisfaction of the client and responsible lawyers.
• Provides efficient, accurate, professional and knowledgeable legal assistant support.
• Support and work with your co-workers in a timely, accurate and helpful manner.
• Our team members recognize growth and comprehension of the foreclosure process through increased self-sufficiency.
• Formal Legal Assistant/Paralegal education is preferred.
• Previous experience working in the area of foreclosures is preferred.
• Previous experience in a professional office environment is required.
• Sound judgment in a fast paced environment with changing priorities.
• Flexibility, initiative, organization and prioritization skills are critical.
• Attention to detail and accuracy are a must.
• Strong communication skills.
• Excellent spelling and grammar skills.
• Takes pride in a job done well.
• Excellent computer knowledge – full Microsoft Office Suite. Minimum typing speed of 60 wpm.
• Working knowledge of third-party software would be considered an asset.
• Above average ability to work in a team environment with all members of the firm.
Burchells offers a competitive salary and full comprehensive benefit package.
Please visit our website www.burchells.ca to learn more about our firm.
Send resume and cover letter to:
Charlene F. Harrison