Legal Support Staff Positions:
One of Halifax's leading law firms, Burchells LLP, is currently recruiting for a full-time, permanent receptionist. Hours of work are Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. We are also interested in hearing from potential candidates who may want to job share this role by each working part-time.
Burchells LLP provides a wide range of legal services to regional, national and international clients, including multinational corporations, small business owners, major banks, individuals, insurance companies and all levels of government.
Providing support to the lawyers of Burchells LLP is a group of hard working and enthusiastic professionals who take pride in exceptional client service and team work.
• Enhance lawyer and reception effectiveness and the delivery of quality services through production of timely, accurate work that meets our work standard.
• Provide efficient, professional and knowledgeable reception coverage to support our lawyers and staff and in turn the firm’s clients.
• Support and work with your co-workers in a timely, accurate and helpful manner.
• The primary duties are greeting clients, answering the telephone, coordinate receiving and shipping of all packages, maintain and prepare boardrooms for meetings, including set up of boardroom technology. Many other administrative and facility related duties as assigned by the Office Manager.
• Sound judgment in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
• Proven ability to provide above-average client service.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Resourceful and exercises good judgement.
• Reliable and dependable.
• Experience in a professional services office environment is preferred.
• Flexibility, initiative, organization and prioritization skills are critical.
• Strong communication skills.
• Attention to detail and accuracy.
• Takes pride in a job well done.
• Professional etiquette on the phone and in person.
• Ability to work in a team environment with all members of the firm.
• Basic Microsoft word skills and proficient in outlook email.
Burchells offers a competitive salary and full comprehensive benefit package.
Please visit our website www.burchells.ca to learn more about our firm.
Send resume and cover letter to:
Charlene F. Harrison
Application review begins as applications are received. Position will remain open until filled. We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional upon a satisfactory background check.