Legal Support Staff Positions:
One of Halifax's leading law firms, Burchells LLP, is currently recruiting to fill a full-time, permanent legal assistant position in the Transactions Group. This position is assigned directly to two lawyers.
Burchells LLP provides a wide range of legal services to regional, national and international clients, including multinational corporations, small business owners, major banks, individuals, insurance companies and all levels of government.
Providing support to the lawyers of Burchells LLP is a group of hard working and enthusiastic professionals who take pride in exceptional client service and team work.
• Enhance lawyer effectiveness and the delivery of quality legal services through production of timely, accurate work.
• Provides efficient, professional and knowledgeable legal assistant support to the lawyers and in turn the firm’s clients.
• Support and work with your co-workers in a timely and helpful manner.
• In addition to providing substantial corporate/commercial, estate planning and administration legal assistant support, the position involves occasional duties relating to real estate transactions.
• Formal legal assistant/paralegal education (include transcript with application).
• Legal assistant experience is required.
• Sound judgment in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
• Proven ability to provide above-average client service.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Resourceful and exercises good judgement.
• Reliable and dependable.
• Flexibility, initiative, organization and prioritization skills are critical.
• Attention to detail and accuracy are a must.
• Strong communication skills.
• Excellent spelling and grammar skills.
• Takes pride in a job done well.
• Professional demeanor.
• Excellent computer knowledge – full Microsoft Office Suite. Minimum typing speed of 60 wpm.
• Knowledge of other software programs will be considered an asset.
• Ability to work in a team environment with all members of the firm.
Burchells LLP offers a competitive salary and full comprehensive benefit package.
Application review begins as applications are received. Position will remain open until filled. We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Please note that any offer of employment will be conditional upon a satisfactory background check.